Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Lost" in Bioinformatics.

Once again, I am trapped in the Bioinformatics class. Hey, at least it's a great opportunity to catch up on my blog.

OK, first off...Lost. Last night was the season finale of the hit show on ABC. Well, to say the least, it was a doosy. It was two hours long, and it fit alot of story into those two hours. If you follow the show, things happened in Lost that kinda made some fans upset. One of which was the death of a lead character. So what? The real controversial part was the ending. Man, I was left questioning what had just happened in the picture tube in front of me. Suffice to say, it was a cliffhanger ending but not in the traditional sense. It was just...weird. Confusing...not so much. Just a total "WTF?" kinda of moment. Now, I expected the finale to end with more questions than answers, but it was really, really trippy. There were some parts that hinted toward something else but ended up being something completely different. Nothing left to do, however, except to speculate and bitch about the show until February of next year.

The past week or two has definitely a big week for gamers. Most importantly was the announcement of Starcraft II, baby. One of the biggest RTS's of all time is finally getting a sequel, and folks, it looks good. I have heard complaints of how the game looks too much like the first one, and really, it does. However, this is not a bad thing. From the screenshots I've seen, the graphics have been beefed and it looks good. The interface, though, has been minimally changed. Controlling units looks the same and the trademark look of Starcraft is left intact. Of course, a butt-load of new units have been introduced for both sides, but the Protoss are getting some pretty intimidating stuff. I won't go into deal here so head to Gamespy or IGN to read in detail what the units are. What my main concern is how overpowered the Protoss might be.

I love Starcraft and its story, and I can't wait to continue the story in the sequel. The thing is, the Protoss' new units might make them extremely overpowered. The Zealots seem to take out Marines with ease...which doesn't make much sense since Marines are a ranged unit and the Zealots only power lies in close combat. The Zealots would be easily dominated by Marines, but in Starcraft 2, a few Zealots made short work of the poor Marines. I don't know about you, but I really don't want the Protoss to be too overpowered...mainly out of bias for the Terran (Go Humans!).

Last night, I saw a video of Rosie O'Donnell verbally fighting the blonde lady on The View. I couldn't help but laugh. Why? I hate Rosie. She's so offensive, insulting, damn crazy, and she probably smells. I was glad to see someone at least attempt, if even feebly so, to put Rosie in her place. What dismays me is that she'll most likely get another show somewhere else after she's done with the view. You see, most of the TV and film industry are open liberals, and they love people who are crazy liberal. Crazy liberal to the point where anything that is meant to bash anyone who isn't liberal like them, they insult you and make you feel less than human. That is Rosie in a nutshell, and people like them really don't deserve their own TV show. Don't get me wrong, I'm neither liberal or conservative, neither Democratic or Republican, but the fact that liberal crazies like Rosie behave they way they do makes me like them less than I do conservatives. It's cool to have two different parties, but it sucks when each side degrades the other side for not agreeing with them.

Well, I got a term paper for tomorrow to do so check back soon. Take care and...

CTHULHU FTHAGN!!!

No comments: